Moving Beyond Medications; 2018 ChiroCare Centers of Excellence Applications Now Open; Disclosure of Ownership and Management Information is Required Annually - Due Now; Mandatory State Provider Enrollment for 2018; Mandatory Special Needs Plan Training - Act Now to Stay in Compliance - Due Now; Infection Prevention; Holiday Call Center Hours; Is Your Chiropractic License Up to Date?; Moving or Retiring? Let Us Know!
Moving Beyond MedicationsThe opioid crisis was officially declared a national public health emergency in October 2017. Among the resources available to health care providers, the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM) "Moving Beyond Medications Campaign" recommends non-pharmacological approaches as first line pain treatment, with opioids to be considered only if these and non-opioid pharmacological treatments are ineffective. This opportunity for an integrated approach that includes chiropractic care is gaining momentum. Click here to access AIHM's Moving Beyond Medications: A Pocket Guide and for more information about the five steps highlighted below:
- Step #1: Assess Patient's Pain and Well-Being
- Step #2: Set Goals Jointly with the Patient
- Step #3: Educate the Patient about Integrative Pain Management Options
- Step #4: Develop a Treatment Plan with the Patient; Assess Potential Challenges
- Step #5: Follow Up, Troubleshoot and Modify Treatment Plan as Needed
2018 Centers of Excellence Applications Now OpenFulcrum is pleased to announce Fulcrum's ChiroCare Centers of Excellence (CCoE) application process is open to the entire ChiroCare network. We encourage you to take a close look at the CCoE program overview and learn more about the application process here. The self-assessment tool will assist with determining your readiness to apply.
Disclosure of Ownership and Management Information is Required Annually - Due NowIn accordance with regulatory requirements of the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations, all payors, including Fulcrum Health, Inc. (Fulcrum) must collect and maintain information regarding disclosure of ownership and management information from all providers in its network on an annual basis.
Mandatory State Provider Enrollment for 2018Beginning in 2018, all providers will be required to enroll in their state's Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Social Services (DSS). This is a new requirement for some states while other states have already implemented their own version of this requirement.
Mandatory Special Needs Plan Training - Act Now to Stay in Compliance - Due NowThe Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires all doctors and staff to complete an annual Special Needs Training. Instructions, training materials, a FAQ document and tracking log are available now on ChiroCare.com.
Infection PreventionAs we enter the cold and flu season it is important to focus on infection prevention. To explore efficient and effective methods of infection control in a chiropractic clinic, Fulcrum partnered with CLIPS, a consulting group with expertise in the infection prevention field, to develop a series of products and recommendations for clinics. We also developed four short presentations on infection prevention. These presentations are great for new doctors or staff, or just general reminders.
Holiday Call Center HoursOur Provider Services Team is generally available by phone at (888) 638-7719 from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST.
Is Your Chiropractic License Up to Date?Now may be the time to renew your chiropractic license for 2018. Every year, a few providers miss the deadline, and are disappointed to learn that claims will not be reimbursed for the lapsed license period. Ultimately, network participation will be terminated if the license is not renewed.
- Minnesota providers, visit the Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners for more information. License renewal required annually by December 31.
- Wisconsin providers, visit Wisconsin's Department of Safety and Professional Services for more information. License renewal required by December 14 of even years.
- North Dakota providers, visit the North Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners for more information. License renewal required by the first day of September of each year.
- South Dakota providers, visit the South Dakota Department of Health for more information. License renewal fees are due by December 31 of each year.
- Iowa providers, visit the Iowa Department of Public Health for more information. License renewal is generally required by June 30 of even-numbered years.
- Nebraska providers, visit the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services for more information. License renewal required by August 1 of even-numbered years.
Moving or Retiring? Let Us Know!It is vital that your practice report any changes to ensure that we have your current address, phone, fax, and email address. Any changes or corrections to your TIN/name combination should be communicated immediately. The Provider Update tool within ChiroCare Connect offers a quick and electronic means to report changes. Simply select the "Billing Information Update" option within the Provider Update tool.
Please contact our Provider Services team at (888) 638-7719 with any questions about submission of updates.
We appreciate your continued partnership.
Tags: CCoE, Disclosure of Ownership and Management, fraud, infection prevention, license renewal, mandatory state provider enrollment, moving beyond medications, opioid crisis, special needs plan training
Posted under: Weekly News Flash