Press Ganey Award; 2018 ChiroCare Centers of Excellence Applications Now Open; Disclosure of Ownership and Management Information is Required Annually; Annual Provider Letter; Stark Laws and Anti-Kickbacks; 2018 ChiroCode DeskBook – Special Discount; The Importance of Caring for Yourself as a Caregiver; License Renewal Reminder; Online Credentialing Reminder; Moving or Retiring? Let Us Know!
Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award - Thank You for Your DedicationCongratulations to Fulcrum’s ChiroCare network for achieving the Guardian of Excellence Award from Press Ganey for outstanding patient experience. This prestigious, national award recognizes networks who have consistently achieved the 95th percentile or above for performance in Patient Experience!
2018 Centers of Excellence Applications Now OpenFulcrum is pleased to announce Fulcrum’s ChiroCare Centers of Excellence (CCoE) application process is open to the entire ChiroCare network. We encourage you to take a close look at the CCoE program overview and learn more about the application process here. The self-assessment tool will assist with determining your readiness to apply.
Disclosure of Ownership and Management Information is Required AnnuallyIn accordance with regulatory requirements of the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations, all payors, including Fulcrum Health, Inc. (Fulcrum) must collect and maintain information regarding disclosure of ownership and management information from all providers in its network on an annual basis.
Annual Provider LetterEach November, Fulcrum sends out an “Annual Provider Letter” to its entire ChiroCare network, informing providers about upcoming changes, important deadlines, and voting opportunities, etc. This year’s letter was mailed out on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Stark Laws and Anti-KickbacksThis article will look at Physician Self-Referrals and Anti-Kickback Statutes and where to find more information.
2018 ChiroCode DeskBook - Special DiscountChiroCode Institute is offering ChiroCare providers a special discount on the new 2018 ChiroCode DeskBook and the ICD-10-CM Code Book. Act now to assist with compliance of the most recent coding list, coding requirements, and record keeping specific to a chiropractic office. This newly redesigned DeskBook is a comprehensive resource includes chapters on Insurance Reimbursement and Claims, Medicare, Compliance, Documentation, Diagnosis Codes (ICD-10-CM), Procedure Codes (CPT®), and Supply Codes (HCPCS) and documentation tips. The information presented includes:
- Audit templates to help you perform your own internal audits
- ICD-10 chapter with commonly used codes and tips for chiropractic offices
- Annual update checklists for practical monthly compliance steps, including training
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from the ChiroCode HelpDesk, compiled into one handy reference
The Importance of Caring for Yourself as a CaregiverAs the holidays quickly approach, and schedules become hectic and over-booked, it’s important to remember to take care of yourself. Caring for yourself is one of the most important – and one of the most often forgotten – things you can do as a caregiver. When your needs are taken care of, your patients will benefit, too. Here are six great reminders for de-stressing during the holiday season.
- Celebrate your successes – you and your staff work hard and dedicate yourselves to caring for patients each and every day. Acknowledge your team’s accomplishments and celebrate the achievements.
- Take care of your body – get regular exercise; take it easy on the caffeine, sugar and alcohol; get enough sleep. This is the baseline of stress reduction. Tune in and take time to check in and see how your body is feeling. Breathe into tight places; stretch and move when your back or neck feels stiff; and look out the window when your eyes are straining at the computer screen.
- Take a mini-break – when your stress level begins rising, take a quick break. Step away. Go outside for a walk, do some yoga or meditation, or play some music. Even a five-minute break can clear your mind, re-generate energy and give you back some peace of mind.
- Add some humor in every day – humor, by nature, provides instant distance, balance and perspective, even if for a moment. A good laugh has great short-term effects. When you laugh, it doesn’t just lighten your load mentally, it actually induces positive physical changes in your body.
- When scheduling, give yourself room to breathe – most adults find themselves over-booked from time to time, scheduled with back-to-back meetings, appointments and commitments. If you tend to over-commit, make a list and prioritize. Be sure to leave time between activities, to catch your breath and reflect on what is next.
- Enjoy the moment – mindfully go about your day and put awareness into what you are doing at the moment. Notice the beauty around you and take a moment to breathe it in…same with a smile, a gracious act, a thoughtful gesture. Practicing gratitude for these moments in daily life is a great way to de-stress, and it is contagious, too.
Is Your Chiropractic License Up to Date?Now is the time to renew your chiropractic license for 2018. Every year, a few providers miss the deadline, and are disappointed to learn that claims will not be reimbursed for the lapsed license period. Ultimately, network participation will be terminated if the license is not renewed.
Online RecredentialingChiroCare’s recredentialing process takes place electronically through an online application called AppCentral.
- The email sender is AppCentral@CACTUSSSoftware.com
AppCentral is the name of our new online application program
- The subject line is: “Your reappointment application with eviCore healthcare is ready”
eviCore manages the ChiroCare credentialing process on Fulcrum’s behalf
- Your timely response is critical.
Please respond upon receipt of this online request to avoid lapses in your credentialing status. If a lapse occurs, you will not be paid for claims during that time and cannot bill the member.
- Make sure you have updated ChiroCare with the doctor’s current email address or you may miss the email notification
Moving or Retiring? Let Us Know!It is vital that your practice report any changes to ensure that we have your current address, phone, fax, and email address. Any changes or corrections to your TIN/name combination should be communicated immediately. The Provider Update tool within ChiroCare Connect offers a quick and electronic means to report changes. Simply select the “Billing Information Update” option within the Provider Update tool.
Please contact our Provider Services team at 877-886-4941 with any questions about submission of updates.
We appreciate your continued partnership.
Tags: 2018 ChiroCode DeskBook, Annual Provider Satisfaction Survey, Anti-Kickback Statute, AppCentral, CCoE, Disclosure of Ownership and Management, fraud, license renewal, Press Ganey Award, recredentialing, self care, Stark Law
Posted under: Weekly News Flash